Saturday, September 4, 2010

Futile and Worthwhile Endeavors

I took one art class in high school. I discovered what I already suspected: I do not have much talent in standard art methods; painting, drawing, etc. But I wanted to have some pretty badly. In fact, I still have an occasional urge to enroll in a community art class. I may still do it, but only when I have time. And I won't have the added motivation for joining that I did in high school (to be near a boy) LOL! I liked boys a lot back then. At least now that I am in a wonderfully solid and fulfilling relationship, all of my hobbies and fly-by-night endeavors are wholly and completely for my own gratification, not in pursuit of a the maler sex. :)

One high note of my artistic wishes is that my daughter has a very strong natural talent with drawing! I'm barely envious! I'm very proud!

Onto my latest endeavor and a renewed one. I'm making jewelry. I was inspired to make my own wedding jewelry by browsing Etsy. I've made some pretty things in addition to a traditional pearl necklace with embellishments! Maybe I'll sell some. I'd love to be able to buy more semi-precious stones rather than glass and plastic. I'd love to be able to buy more gold, silver, and gold-filled items. But maybe down the line. I'm in love with bead stores. I may definitely take a few classes to get my basic skills fine tuned.

My renewed endeavor is crochet. I used to make and sell hats in like '94-'96. It was fun and I at least got my moneys worth! Indeed, at a health food store the other day, a young man asked me if I was still crocheting hats! He remembered me from those days! I have no idea what his name is, but I knew his face. I told him I hadn't sold any in many years, but that I had my crochet bag in the car right now! I love how the universe messages us that we're doing the right thing.

No comments: